Tuesday, December 31, 2013

May Your Days be Merry and Bright!

We had such a fabulous Christmas. We were surrounded by family, including Brice and Chase who were back from college! The Christmas spirit was very strong all week, and I loved every minute of it. For one, Bryant put up the Christmas lights in November and I had the tree and other decorations up right after Thanksgiving. Secondly, I simplified my holiday shopping, stuck to my budget, and had it done early. Thirdly, Bryant and I both had Christmas off work-which doesn't usually happen. I couldn't have asked for a better December! To get into the Christmas spirit, the boys and I decorated a gingerbread house and listened to lots of Christmas music! Christmas Eve we had an impromptu pizza party at our house after a mix-up over when Christmas dinner was supposed to be, and Christmas day we had the official Christmas dinner at Grandma Gibbons' house. We had two turkeys-one smoked and one baked. It was fabulous! Bryant surprised me and spoiled me rotten with gifts that he had hidden amongst the other presents under the tree, and he bought the boys a tablet. I couldn't have asked for a better husband! Here are some pics of all the fun:
I had fun making Christmas goodies: 
 Chantz and I joined Tripp for his class party. Tripp picked the treats he wanted to bring-cucumbers and string cheese! The boys had a ton of fun making crafts too!
 A marshmallow snowman from the class party: 
 Here's our gingerbread house party--all the boys wanted to do was eat the frosting!

 We drove over to Meridian Greens to look at Christmas lights and saw a house all decorated with Disney cutouts and there was Santa sitting by the front door! Tripp was able to tell Santa he wanted Disney Infinity for Christmas (which he ended up getting from Grandma Trudy), and Chantz was nervous but still liked the candy cane from Santa. :)
 Me with my little/bigger than me brother! Chase came into town too, but I realized we didn't get any pics with him-I think he was napping a lot and catching up on much needed sleep. :)
 Bryant and Grandma hanging out at the pizza party:
 The kiddos playing games on Christmas Eve: 
 Super cool presents from Macey and Colin! 

 Lettie loved them most. 
 Cookies for Santa
 Chantz got a bubble gun for Christmas-he loved it so much that he used all the bubbles within an hour!
 Uncle Brice showing the boys his new popcorn machine
 All of the kids together for the holidays

 Daddy took the boys duck hunting when I had to work after Christmas: 


Merry Christmas!! 

1 comment:

Stacy Brady said...

Hey friend. I haven't checked blogs in such a long time! I still can't believe that you are about to have a third boy. I think I always pictured you with a clan of little girls. Isn't life funny that way? Anyhow, I'm glad you are doing okay after this weekend. I'm praying for an uncomplicated remainder of your pregnancy! Let us know when you bless this next one and we'll see if we can swing a Boise trip! :)