Saturday, February 9, 2013

Indoor Adventures

When it reaches -6 degrees outside, the Jones family tends to choose a variety of indoor activities. One of our favorite activities is napping.
We also like to go on pretend "treks" in which we never leave the house:
 We tend to schedule "Play Catch" time while waiting to see the doctor, since it is much too cold to throw the ball around outside.
 I encourage my boys during these chilly winter months to sit and contemplate life.
 Tripp did brave the cold once or twice. As you can see, no one joined him.
 Our bush was covered in frost and snow a couple weeks ago and I thought it was so beautiful!
 We have resorted to playing checkers...Tripp beat me.
 I was even desperate enough to find a warm, distracting activity that I let the boys play arcade games at Walmart. Tripp played the claw game and won this puppy!

 Here the boys are making their own library:
 This week we went on a fieldtrip to Krispy Kreme and to the fire station. The boys loved it. Tripp expecially loved riding shotgun in the firetruck!

Also, it was my birthday. I'm now the big 2-8. I was feeling old, but felt better when my parents and siblings brought over these beautiful flowers and surprised me! I love them, and they remind me of spring!
How are you spending your winter months?


No comments: