Sunday, November 15, 2015

Life as of Now

I have decided to re-start the blog. Honestly it's overwhelming so I think the last year will have to be remembered just by my memory alone because ain't nobody got time to blog a full year. :)
 Here is a rundown of many of our most recent adventures:
  Lettie puppy skewered herself open by running into a metal stake. Many stitches, a cone of shame, and four prescriptions later, she is now doing fine and ready to go duck hunting! As you can see, the boys took great care of her.
 These big boys started Taekwondo about two months ago and are loving it. They were even able to break a board! Both have graduated to their yellow stripe belts. It is so much fun to watch. I really love how the instructors focus on respect and on eye focus, mind focus, and body focus.
 Chantz has gotten to take home Ollie the Owl twice from Kindergarten and spend the day with him. The first time he and Ollie (along with Briggsy and Aunt Macey) went for a walk on the Greenbelt. Day two was taekwondo, bath time, and watching "Blue's Clue's."
 Briggs recently went through a "I only want Daddy or Grandpa Bill" stage. It was the cutest thing. He would sob if anyone else even looked at him! He's back to his normal Mommy-loving self now though thank goodness!
 Our family has embarked on a clean eating adventure. I love it! Though we are not perfect, the journey has been great. It takes more prep time and planning, but I love knowing we are trying to give our bodies real food instead of all the fake garbage. These were clean pumpkin pecan muffins and were so good!
 Chantz loves helping with housework. He has his own duster and frequently wants to dust the house. He also is learning to mow the lawn like Daddy.
 Bryant and I went on a full day guided fly fishing trip this summer when we went to Island Park. It was chilly so I chickened out and only fished for part of the time but still caught two fish. I enjoyed watching Bryant reel in quite a few though! We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful area to fish.
 
 Our Briggsy turned one on August 26! Grandpa was in charge of helping him eat his clean muffin. Don't worry-I put whipped cream on it still. He was spoiled rotten and had such a fun time!
 We took the kids bowling and this is our "bowling selfie:"
 Just a baby being cute.
 Another trip we took to Island Park included a hike-luckily Uncle Chase was willing to pack around Briggsy for me!
 The big boys ready for their hiking/fishing trip at the cabin:
 So this doesn't happen often anymore. Way too much arguing and splashing in such a confined space. It was sure a cute photo opportunity though!
 Chase, Melissa and Brice ran a Ragnar this summer and stopped at our house for lunch on their way. They brought the whole crew. It was fun to meet everyone!
 Bry and I at the Zac Brown Band concert. They are my absolute favorite.
 Three munchkins watching fireworks on the Fourth of July:
 Chantz turned five June 28! What a big boy! He even picked out a Curious George cake.
 Wildflower picking at the cabin: (We went three different times this summer-I felt lucky to be able to go so often!)
 Yellowstone National Park:
 Tripp was named the MVP for first graders at the end of the year at Peregrine Elementary this past spring. He had a special breakfast and a whole bunch of fun prizes. He is such an awesome boy and deserved this special day!
 Chantzter graduated from preschool this last spring. He was feeling pretty shy that day and this was one of the best pictures I could get. :)
 
Family life is treating us well and keeping us busy!

No comments: