Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wrapping Up Summer

We have had such a great summer this year! A few weeks ago the boys had Grandma's Week with Grandma Trudy in Idaho Falls. This is the fourth annual Grandma's Week-I think, and this year the theme was "Around the World." Each kid picked a country to focus on and present to the other grandkids. Tripp picked New Zealand and Chantz picked Egypt. Aunt Lainey helped them create an awesome 3D poster to share! When I first dropped the kids off, I thought Chantz would be shy but he immediately ran over to play croquet:
After croquet, we headed into Grandma Jones's house and the kids had milkshakes. Here's Chantz with his cute cousin Parker:
Tripp and Grant with their milkshakes:
My sis Lainey came along and had fun playing with Ella:
Grandma Jones and my boys crocheting: 
While the boys spend time with Grandma, I spent time with...well, myself. I was up in Island Park with my mom, sisters, brother and grandma. Each morning I went on a walk/hike by myself. I really took the time to stop and think about my life and my goals and where I want to be. I realized through the process that I am proud of most of my decisions and I feel like even though I make mistakes, I am on the right track in my life and doing what Heavenly Father wants me to be doing. After my hikes I would journal what I had learned and thought about. I feel like it was a very important time for me, and because of my reflections I will be able to be more confident in myself and be a better wife and mother. Here's a snapshot from one of my walks:
Before Grandma's Week started the boys had a couple days with me in Island Park. We picked a gallon and a half of huckleberries! The boys had a blast!
Since we've been back from vacation, we've been spending a lot of time together. We really missed Bryant during that time! Here's Chantz with his Lettie puppy: 
Tripp had to try out his new ear buds he needed for kindergarten...I can't believe he starts school next week! He is growing up way too fast!
The boys with their backpacks. :)
My three kids:
Tripp with his Auntie Macey---they have always had a special connection and I am so grateful to her because she loves my kiddos so much. 
My sweeties:
Last weekend we took the boys to see "Planes." It was Chantz's very first time at the movies! We got popcorn and headed into the theater. Tripp loved the movie and Chantz was a bit restless. He had fun out in the hallway though and I bribed him with extra candy and after that he behaved much better. Not bad for a first time at the theater!
This Monday my mom and I took these munchkins to the fair with Aunt Lainey and Uncle Trey. As you can see, they love being together!



Waiting to ride the train:

They both rode a pony! Chantz was nervous but Grandma walked by him and he did great! Another first for Chantz!



As much as I have loved this summer, I am so ready for Fall. I can't wait for the holiday season and some milder weather! 

No comments: