Friday, December 21, 2012

Can you say spoiled??

My oldest sweetheart turned five this month! Can you believe it? He had a few specifications on the refreshments for his family party. He wanted cake. That cake had to be Lego Star Wars. That Lego Star Wars cake had to be eggnog flavored-the frosting and the cake. So what did he get? A custom made, blue Lego Star Wars eggnog cake! I cannot take credit for it, but the amazing cake lady we used did a wonderful job! Do you see the little fondant characters? I loved loved Yoda! And as you can see, the boys were intrigued. I actually had to cut into the back and let them try it early so they would leave it alone! 

 Unfortunately I can't find a lot of the pictures I took of Tripp during his party, but take my word for it when I say he was spoiled rotten. Grandpa Bret and Grandma Julia, their granddaughter Lexi, Grandma Gibbons, my parents and some of my siblings were able to make it. Tripp also had gifts delivered from Grandma Trudy, Jake and Britanie, and Allen and Sarah. He received plenty of legos, two remote control cars, and from us-and Easy Bake Oven! He has wanted one for months. So far we have baked a cake, attempted s'more treats, and made cookies. It is fun but takes probably an hour and is harder than it looks!
 His end creations: He was proud, don't let the face fool you.
 Daddy helped him make the lego cabin Macey and Colin gave him. I love this lego set!!
 Now that Tripp is five, he can climb to the top of the wall! Grandma Teresa took Tripp and Chantz to a play place last week and they had a blast. This was Tripp's favorite part:
 Here is my handsome, loving, kind, smart five year old.
I am so grateful to have Tripp in my life. He is a blast to be around and shows me over and over again what it means to love. I have never seen a more caring big brother. He loves Chantz and always shares with him and is conscious of him. He comforts him when he's hurt and truly wants to be around him. Tripp loves to have "Mommy/Tripp time" where we cuddle on the couch at night or play board games together. He helps me cook, he goes shooting with Daddy, and I truly feel that he surpasses me in brains. We're all in trouble now if that's true. I am so blessed to be his Mommy and I love him so much!!

No comments: