Sunday, September 11, 2011

Labor Day 2011

We had a wonderful Labor day at the cabin! We were pleasantly surprised that a lot of our family was able to come up too! We hadn't seen them in so long and it was fun to catch up. There was lots of card playing, eating, gaming, talking, and laughing! Here is Tripp with his cousin Wynn playing the DS...
 Saturday night we got to go to the last show of the season at the Playmill--High School Musical. We loved it! It was almost Brice's birthday, so he was pulled up on stage and the girls sang to him...what a lucky guy. :) Happy birthday Brother!!!
 Tripp and Chantz were able to spend a couple days with their Grandma Trudy, and I had a nice break to be an adult...and to sleep...and to do what I wanted to do, which mostly included reading and spending time with the family. When the boys returned, we got busy playing! Tripp and I had a great afternoon shooting his potato gun (courtesy of Grandma Trudy), shooting his new bow and arrow (courtesy of Grandma Teresa), four wheeling, and throwing rocks into the pond.
 Trippster on the four wheeler...happy as a clam
 The new bow and arrow, complete with homemade quiver
 The last day before we had to leave, the few of us who were left (my Mom, me, my boys, Grandma, Kevin and Pat) went up to Wade Lake for the afternoon. I have never seen anything more beautiful! We were able to have a fire, a great dinner provided by Kevin and Pat, and my boys absolutely LOVED the water! Chantz would have jumped right in if I would have let him! Here's an example of how happy he was:
 My baby looking out over the water
 Classic.
 Chantz and Grandma Teresa...can you tell my boys are spoiled? These pictures are lacking Tripp because he fell asleep on the way and slept for almost the whole afternoon!
 Tripp, after finally waking up, sitting with Grandma Gibbons
 Smores! (That Grandma Teresa cooked on a flaming hot fork over the fire, by the way)
 The boy loved the corn on the cob!
 I'm not really into taking scenery shots, but I couldn't resist. This is the view from the property by the cabin where Tripp and I went four wheeling:
 This is Wade Lake. Breathtaking.
As for this past week, it was one of the best ones of the summer. Bryant was able to take a couple days off work and do some major fishing, and I was able to relax, breathe the fresh mountain air, spend time with my family, and count my blessings!

No comments: